homesteading

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It could be due to the fact that we have been reading a lot of "Little House on the Prairie" books, or it could have been "My Side of the Mountain". It could very well be Soule Mama (more on her later), or it could simply be the part of me that dreams of being that mom who can do anything and make everything. But whatever it is I have had an overwhelming desire to learn to can, quilt, knit, garden, and farm.
So Julianne and I got together and did some canning. We canned honey, pear and vanilla bean jam and syrup, plum jam (thanks Katie for the plums!), apricot jam, peaches, and blueberry syrup. It has been so fun to see the shelves fill up with the food I have made for my family.
I am so excited for those cold winter mornings when we all stay in our jammies and eat peaches and waffles with blueberry syrup! (although I am not rushing summer nor heralding snow)







Julianne
Owen
&
Lyla

My cute canning cohorts!

1 comment:

  1. I opened some peaches this morning YUMMY! Thanks for all the fun :)

    ReplyDelete