a move, but not my own

Saturday, August 20, 2011


I have not blogged about this yet for many reasons. Most of all because it is just hard and sad. But worthy to be remembered when I am old and gray, so here we go.
My parents moved. Moved from being only 8 minutes away to being another province away, and frankly it stinks. Because the truth is I am not strong. Not like I wish to be anyway. I miss them. I want them, selfishly, to always be there whenever I need them. I would want them to stay here just for me and my children forever and ever. But that is not the way it is suppose to be right now. God has a different plan for us all, and although I cannot see it, I must trust that He can and that He knows what is best, and that someday I will understand. But for now it hurts and I cry, and then I carry on and it is okay. Or at least it will be.





Dear mom and dad, 
I want to thank you for all the years you devoted to raising me. 
I am grateful for the love you gave when I was small and lovable, 
and even more so for the love you showed when I was big and rather hard to love. 
Thank you for teaching me about my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. 
This above all else will forever be the best gift I could have possibly been given. 
Thank you for your love that now extends to my children, 
and for your continued faithfulness and examples. 
I love you. I miss you. I want you back. But I wish you all the best. 
Until we meet again please know how much you matter.
Love, your girl

1 comment:

  1. My sweet angel...may you know I also think it stinks and is the HARDEST thing I have EVER had to do. But having said that I also KNOW without a doubt, that for whatever reason, this is where we are supposed to be. I am trusting Heavenly Father to guide us & help us as we let His will unequivocably be our will. I love you all so very much and pray for your continued strength & faith & protection. My love, forever & always, Mom

    ReplyDelete