word of the year

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Have you heard of this? I am sure many of you have. I am usually the last to find out anything, and I am quite careful about "jumping on the band wagon". But this inspired me, so I thought I would share.
Choose one word. One word for the whole year. A word that inspires you. This is a kind of new years resolution.
I have been very thoughtful about my one word. There are many good ones. I thought about early, edify, plenty, relax, celebrate, rejoice, learn, endure, smile, breath, focus, enhance, enrich, and many others. I love the simplicity of it, but choosing just one word was harder for me than I had first anticipated. But it eventually came, and I knew it was my word.

Just one word, to help me stretch and grow. To help me meet new goals (or old ones I haven't quite mastered yet), to continue to try harder and be kinder, to myself and others. Just one word.......... fill.

Fill my heart will warm feelings.
Fill my mind with good thoughts.
Fill my house with laughter and music.
Fill my time with worthy pursuits.
Fill my mouth with soft words.
Fill our bodies with good food.
Fill my nightstand with great books.
Fill my spare time with inspiring friends.
Fill my bath with bubbles.
Fill my cup with tea and honey.
Fill my hurts with healing and forgiveness.
Fill my yard with flowers.
Fill my fear with courage.
Fill my prayers with thanksgiving and earnest requests.
Fill my scriptures with highlights.
Fill my days with hope.
And fill my arms with these......





I'd love to know your word!

Link up if you want (It's my first time, ever!)
or leave me a comment.


The Lettered Cottage

.



5 comments:

  1. what a great word for the year 2012!! I hope your year is filled with wonderful things!

    I have written about my word on my blog, if you wish to read about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! A great way to change up the usual new years resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good word! Mine is courage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your word!-I am your newest follower from Layla's party-Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your word! Just came over from the linky party and love your blog as well. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete