Christmas morning 2011

Sunday, January 1, 2012

 The kids slept until 7, and then we all got up and went downstairs. 



 Whenever we asked Nya what she wanted for Christmas she would reply, "pink lollipop". 
That is all she wanted. Santa delivered 3!

The boys asked for Lego from Santa, so I though we would give them something to hold their ever increasing collection. 
Darren and I designed and built these Lego boxes - they turned out better than I had imagined, and they tuck neatly under the bed!

For Nya I sewed a soft doll, with a sleeping bag, pillow, and extra outfits. 
When I had decided, back in October, that that is what I was going to make for her, 
I asked her what color hair she would pick for a doll - the answer was, of course, "pink!" 


I sewed each of my girls an apron as well. 
I first saw this design at a birthday party. Someone had sewn one for the birthday girl. 
I thought it was the cutest thing and I knew it would be perfect for my little bakers. 
The seamstress (one of the best I have ever met!)  had sewn velcro onto the side of the waist band. 
Instead of having to tie it up at the back, the kids can just wrap it around their waists and attach it themselves. Brilliant!


I made the girls a few felt bookmarks I saw on Pinterest. They were put to good use right away.

I also sewed the big girls a Christmas skirt, which I forgot to take a picture of. 
When we got home after church on Sunday, the kids were quick to change and resume the opening of presents. 
It wasn't until later that evening that I remembered I didn't get a picture of us all dressed in our new Christmas best.

I have a couple of sewing projects that I didn't get done in time for Christmas, for Noelle and Emma. 
I will continue to work away on those, but in the place of that gift the girls were given a gift certificate 
for a night out with mom, including dinner, and a trip to the movies. 
( I ran out of time, and was up until 11:30 Christmas Eve sewing, 
so although it doesn't quite classify as homemade, 
the certificate was, and they were THRILLED. 
Nothing could be more important than spending one on one time together, anyways.)

Now for my most favorites:

Besides what we made for the kids, they only got one other present from us, 
one gift for the boys to share and one for the girls. 
We weren't planning on buying anything other than what we had made for them, 
but one day while Darren was out he came across something that he knew the boys would love (I think mostly he loved it). 
Unbeknownst to him I had done the same thing. 
I was shopping for extended family when I came across something I just knew the girls would love (mostly I loved it). 
We laughed as we showed each other our finds, and couldn't wait to see the children's faces when they opened their gifts.

For the boys: A Lego Darth Vader alarm clock. 
He is about 8 inches high and can move his arms and legs and everything!
What Lego, Star Wars loving boy of 6 or 36 wouldn't love this?


For the girls, I found this elephant tea pot in Pots & Parafinalia (Julianne's new place of employment).
When I saw this I knew it would be the perfect gift for my 'everyday is a tea party' daughters. 
They loved it every bit as much as I did, and as much as I knew they would.


We had a fantastic bright and sunny, no snow in sight, green Christmas (I missed the snow). 
Darren completely surprised me with a few gifts. 
The kids were spoiled by Santa and family.
We loved being with some family, missed being with others. 
We enjoyed going to church. 
And to top it all off we had the privilege to share Christmas dinner with the Moore family.

Even the Moores came bearing a homemade gift. Thank you for the pillow, Debra. I love it!


MERRY CHRISTMAS 2011

1 comment:

  1. Cute aprons!! My favorite are the Lego boxes. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete