an Isle in the pacific

Wednesday, April 4, 2012


A couple of Saturdays ago Darren packed up the 4 older kids and took off on an adventure for the day. I was able to stay home with Nya and get some work done that I had to do. When they got home, around 7 pm, I could tell that everyone had had the best day ever. They were full of smiles and stories, and tired right out. As Darren showed me the pictures he took I couldn't help but think, "I can't believe that I get to live here, and that I get to live here with these people!" I am grateful for a husband who gave me this day. I am grateful for the vision of my children through the lens of someone else. I am grateful for the gratitude I feel, the gratitude that I sometimes lose sight of in this life of homeschooling, where children are ever present and I am always on duty. I would not change my life for anything, but for today I am grateful to have opportunities to miss them, and they me. And I am ever grateful when we gather at the end of the day, ready to once again, be present and on.

























Tate took several breaks along the way back. He was told that he could bring home whatever he could carry. He FILLED his pack. 
Darren said that he didn't complain once or ask anyone else to carry it for him. 
I weighed that pack. It was 22 pounds - almost 1/2 his body weight. He marched slowly along for a couple of kilometers back to the van. What a guy!




The boys were so excited to show me all the treasures they found, and proceeded to put them up on their dressers. We kept them there for a few days even though the upstairs of our home was soon smelling of the beach, and not in a good way. 



1 comment: