Saturday Afternoon

Monday, February 7, 2011

On Saturday I was able to sneak away for a little while to go and pick up 2 mirrors from Superstore for our bedroom. I was however feeling guilty all the way there, and was already talking myself out of it. When I got there I realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home. It turned out to be a really good thing though. I went in anyways and had another look at the mirrors. I really do like them, but I was having a hard time convincing myself to spend $50 on each mirror (hence the guilt). Since I had to go home and get my wallet anyways, I thought I might as well have a look at Winners, just in case they had anything. I can almost always find something I like there. Less often do I find 2 of the same kind though - like lamps and candle sticks. So I was very excited when I found 2 mirrors that were the right shape and had a frame that I liked. The only thing is that they were black and I wanted white. But this is not usually a deterrent for me - I will spray paint almost anything. And the very best part was that they cost $20 each - $20 dollars! I had the girl at the front hold them for me while I went home to get my wallet and happily walked out of the store with 2 mirrors for less than the cost of 1 from Superstore. I probably would never have actually bought the more expense mirrors anyways so in the end it all worked out for the best. I am now 1 step closer to completing our room.
(I also spent another $5 on something for our bedroom that I almost talked myself out of because I wasn't sure if it would work or if it was worth it. I am so glad I got it!)


5 comments:

  1. I love winners! Well done Shelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found 2 matching lamps at the one in Duncan when we were there at Christmas and didn't get them. Then I called my mom when we got home and had her go buy them for me! Sometimes I'm not spontaneous enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you chose well, because with these white, they'll look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winners always comes through!!
    These mirrors will look lovely painted white!
    Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice find! I also have a hard time finding more than one of the same item. It was meant to be! :)

    ReplyDelete