buskers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012



Darren has always wanted to take the kids to see the street performers in Victoria, so Saturday afternoon off we went to the International Buskers Festival. 


























 Emma - wearing one of my new hats, while I wore the other.



Plaster Man. 

This guy was so great. He really, REALLY looked just like a statue, so much so that our kids went right up to him thinking he was. Noelle even struck a poise right beside him. Me, not knowing she didn't know he was a real live man, thinking that was very out of character for her to be so brave and bold and silly. Then Emma followed after and touched his hand. Now I was really surprised, and I said, "Emma, don't touch him! He is a real man!" Both she and Noelle looked at me like I must be joking, and when they realized I was serious they both grew giggly and clung to my arms, very red in the face. We all had a good long laugh!


 Noelle - imitating Plaster Man











I attempted to get a family photo -

Take 1

Take 2

Take 3

 Take 4

And finally, with the sun in everyone's eyes,
realizing this was going to be as good as it was going to get -

Take 5
At least they are all looking in the same direction.

 Tired Tate






We always have to throw pennies into the fountain, while downtown Victoria.

After watching some performances we walked around the market. I found some earrings -




a ring -

and the hats, mentioned above, to keep the sun off my face.

  One more stop for ice cream cones and sundaes and then we drove on home to bed. 

The weather was perfect. 
The company was cute. 
The Buskers were truly entertaining. 
Some of their jokes were not quite so great for wee ones, but for the most part they were pretty clean. 
Anything that was said went right over my children's heads, which I was thankful for. 

Thanks Victoria. We had a great time.


1 comment:

  1. I really like those earrings. Super pretty choice!

    ReplyDelete