where we frequent

Friday, July 6, 2012

I love living here, on Vancouver Island! It isn't until summer that I truly appreciate it. The winter and spring can be rainy and gray. But our summers - the weather is just beautiful. It is rarely so hot you can't bear to be outside. Most days (when the sun shines) it is bright and warm and perfectly balmy. We are literally surrounded by beaches. So that is where you will find us in the summer sunshine. And who better to go with than the cutest trio (and a half) there ever has been - Julianne, Owen and Lyla.





These kids of mine - they love their cousins! 

They chase them and play with them and wrangle them back in, not because they have to, but because they want to. 
It warms my heart and gives me hope to recall this vision when the quarreling at home becomes too much. 
I know that inside them, they are loving and caring and good and kind. I am grateful for their example. 



We went home happy - tired and ready for dinner and bed! My favorite kind of day.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Shelli! On the way home my kids fell asleep in the car, then they slept from 4-6pm in there beds. We partied the rest of the night :) Can't wait to go again!

    ReplyDelete