The icing on the cake

Friday, January 14, 2011

We finished the cake tonight! This was my first experience using marshmallow fondant. It sounds way more intimidating than it really is. If I can do this, anyone can do this (for those of you who know me well, you know that my talents don't usually lie within the kitchen). It took a little time and patience, but when Tate saw his cake and I watched his eyes grow big and I heard him say, "Oh, Thank you so much mom - it looks AWESOME!! - that made it worth all the effort!



4 comments:

  1. did you make the characters on top?? The whole thing looks awesome!
    I've heard of fondant but not of marshmallow fondant - did you make it or buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Shelli! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks AMAZING !!!! I LOOOVVEE it ! Shelli, seriously perfect !

    ReplyDelete