Posies

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last fall I wrote about doll houses in this post. When my friend Robin read this she called me and told me that she paints little wooden dolls like the ones in the pictures, which she calls Posies. I asked her if she would teach me how to make them. I thought it would be fun to not only have some for my girls to play with, but I also wanted to paint up a bunch to give out at Emma's birthday party in the treat bags. I do try hard when it comes to treat bags. I don't like loading them up with candy, but I also don't want to waste money on things that will break and get thrown in the garbage 2 days later. So I thought this would be perfect. That left me with a lot of little people to paint. Robin came over and helped, and she was such a help. They turned out so very cute. Thank you Robin. We are all very grateful. We love our bunch of posies!






2 comments:

  1. those are adorable! What are the bodies made out of? Wood? Did you buy them that way or make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these little dollies! Certainly they would have to be for an older child, but I hope you don't mind if I pass on your idea to my daughter! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete