after the rain

Sunday, April 3, 2011

As we all gathered together in the living room this morning for conference, the children spread out on the carpet, coloring their booklets and quietly playing. Usually I take notes so that I don't forget what was said. I did not do this today. I was feeling sick and tired, so I just sat and listened and watched and felt. I listened - as 1 of the children shared with me that she had just received the answer to a question she had asked her Heavenly Father in prayer that very morning. I watched - as a tender moment passed between 2 of my children. And I felt my heart swell. My 1st instinct was to go and get the camera so that I could document and, of course, blog. Then the thought came to my mind, "just cherish." I recalled the scripture from Luke 2: 19, "But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." So I have no pictures to show you and no words to tell. But I offer my humble, simple, feeble testimony that these moments do not last forever. Even though we sometimes feel that days are long and nights too short - these moments pass more quickly than we can always understand. But I will never forget the impression that was made on my mind and in my heart. These are the rainbows between the storms - the promises of something better than I am able to see. A glimpse of hopes fulfilled that I have for my life and the lives of my children. Some things are for sharing and some things are for me and me alone, given by the grace of God to buoy me up and recall whenever I have need.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!