Liebster Blog Award

Wednesday, February 15, 2012



This morning when I opened my e-mail I found a message from a lady named Theresa. She writes a blog Called Party of Four. She had just awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. To be honest I had no idea what this was, so I looked it up on the internet of course. Here is what I found out: Liebster is a German word meaning dearest or beloved, and the award is given to Bloggers with less than 200 followers, to promote and encourage new friendships among the blogging community.

If you receive the award you are to:
  1. Post the award on your blog.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Reveal your picks for the award and let them know.
  4. Enjoy the support from fellow bloggers.
  5. Have fun, and pass it along.
I am more than honored that someone awarded my blog. I want to thank Theresa for that. I am always excited to connect with people I otherwise would not have had the opportunity to get to know. I spent the afternoon reading Theresa's blog, and she is one of those people that I just know I would love if we ever met in person. 

And now for my picks: 
  1. My sister-in-law Shannon Wight. This girl can make anything and everything, and it all turns out perfectly lovely. She is a crafter, a crocheter, a photographer, a creator of all things incredible. She is one of the most talented people I have ever met. I feel so very blessed to be able have her in my family. She is always inspiring me to get up and do something! 
  2. Megan from Nestled. She is just cute. I love seeing her painted nails, the new shoes she won in some contest, and her beautiful home that looks so welcoming. She reminds me to take myself a little less serious, and enjoy being a girl. I am always happy to take a peek into her world. 
  3. Jaimie from At Home. I first came across Jaimie's blog when I was looking for 'fresh eggs' signs on the internet for my pantry, and I have been reading it ever since. I love the easy, beachy, beautiful way she makes every house she is in a home. And she just so happens to live on Vancouver Island, only a couple of hours away. She hasn't been blogging much lately - I think it might be due to a new addition to her family! 
  4. Michelle from Miss Stitch a Wish. I have recently come in contact with her. She is every bit as bubbly, happy, creative and talented as she is beautiful. She is a do-it-yourself kind of girl. 
  5. A couple of years ago I was reconnected through blogging with someone I knew only very briefly when I was a young adult. She has fast become a very cherished friend, and were it not for the fact that her blog is private I would want to add her to the list. I admire her honesty. She inspires me. Every time I think about her I am grateful for blogging and how it brought us together. Maybe someday she will go public. (It sounds so scandalous when you put it that way!)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Shelli, I so enjoy your writing, your blog and appreciate you selecting me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shelli! I'm so glad you like reading my blog and I appreciate the award! You're too kind :)

    ReplyDelete