a gift

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yesterday was my mom's birthday and I had the opportunity to take her out to dinner and do a little shopping. My mom is the kind of person that would give you the shirt off her back. She shares everything - without hesitation. She is the most giving person I know. I saw these pillows yesterday in Superstore and put them in my cart - only to put them back. Although they were on sale for only $5.94 from $10, (can you believe that? I can't make pillows for that price!) I didn't need them. This morning my mom showed up at our house to give me a present - these 2 pillows! For her birthday my mom gave me a gift. That is simply the kind of person she is. It is not the gifts that make her great, it is her heart. 
She is the best. Mom, I want you to know that I never expect you to buy me presents and even if you never give me a gift again, I know you would give all you have.



1 comment: