Little House on the Prairie

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My girls are reading through The Little House on the Prairie books right now, and loving every minute of it. We planned to do a sewing project last Friday and I asked the kids to think of something that they would like to make. Bergen choose a little pillow for his stuffed animals, and the girls choose...bonnets! They each did such a great job.
Home schooled kids, some might say.
But that is the beauty of it all. I love that my kids don't know and don't care what other people think and that they feel so perfectly safe at 10, 9 and 7 to sew bonnets and pillows with mom. My children aren't awkward or strange, they get along really well with their non-home schooled friends. BUT they are absolutely free and comfortable to be who they are and do what they want to do.
I am all for keeping kids, kids for as long as possible. They will grow up, that is inevitable. They will spend most of their lives as adults. But they will only have 1 childhood, and I intend to let it last!








1 comment:

  1. I love the bonnets, especially Emma's! I loved Little House on the Prairie when I was growing up.

    It's great that your girls (and boys) don't have to worry about what the world thinks, people can be so judgy. It is so scary to see how fast kids grow up sometimes. I'm happy to see that Juliet is still a little girl at heart and she doesn't care what anyone thinks!

    ReplyDelete