the great outdoors

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I was feeling the need to get outside yesterday. I was positively sure that if I did not I might just have to run away from home. You see, when you homeschool you tend to spend a lot of time together...inside....together.....all the time! This is one of the things I love most about homeschooling - it can also be one of the most challenging aspects as well. But something happens when we go outside. Life is clearer, children are happier, quarrels cease, and we are able to just breath. 
So outside we went. Along with 4 of our most favorite people (Katie, Jacob, Emma, and Sam Bragg) we found our way to Eves Provincial Park. The only one of us who had been there before was Emma Bragg. She made for a great tour guide. I was pretty impressed. With old railway tracks, rivers, ponds, plants, ant hills, caves and a million other things to explore we spent the afternoon outside in natures classroom. I am positively convinced that kids learn better here, in the great outdoors.

 






Give him 10 years and he will be breaking hearts on the doorsteps of girls with his sweetness and charm! 
But for now, I am glad that it is me that has his heart and gets his flowers.






Thank you for an amazing afternoon. It was just what we all needed!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!