Bucket Day

Wednesday, May 26, 2010


One way I stay sane is to have buckets for my children's toys that go away in a closet and only come out when mom or dad says. Each child has one bucket (they are quite large, you can see them in the picture) During the week we are just far to busy and they can be very distracting, especially when home schooling. So we have something called Bucket Day. Before you think me too cruel, please know that the kids are far from deprived, they have a school room full of things to do and are never left bored. These buckets are for the little piddley toys with all the tiny pieces and I just don't love to have scattered from one end of the house to the other. Needless to say, bucket day is very much looked forward to! When they are done playing it all goes back into the bucket and put back into the special closet, not to be seen again until next bucket day. It works for us and keeps me sane -win/win for everyone (maybe a little more win for me!)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!