Can We Build It? Yes We can!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have come to the conclusion that if I have to wait for Darren to do everything for me, I will be waiting a long time (he is always willing, but my list his long and his time is short).
My dad had 3 sons and 1 daughter. He was always building something, and it was his daughter, not his sons that wanted to learn how to use his tools to create things. Since I got married, I passed the torch to Darren to build things for me. It is about time I started learning again and did some things myself. I had a couple of projects I wanted to do this week, so I got to work. He helped me figure out a few things and he showed me how to use some of his bigger tools, but I did it! I feel like a 4 year old! Darren was actually quite sweet - I think he felt proud and protective all at the same time. He even said at one point, "I like seeing you use the air nailer, it's kinda cool!"(this is a tool that I don't like to be within 10 feet of, normally).
I will show you what I built tomorrow. It is not the prettiest thing that will ever grace my blog, but it was needed, it is functional and I BUILT IT MYSELF!


Sweet Emma took these pictures of me (it was her V.I.P. tonight). She thought it was pretty funny that mom was using the tools and not dad!

1 comment: