A Step Up

Friday, August 20, 2010

I have had this box sitting in my pantry for about 6 months. I wanted to paint it before I put it together. The problem was I wanted to paint it white and my cupboards are not white. This is most obvious when something truly white is placed right up against them. Sometimes white and off white work really well together, but in this case it made my kitchen cupboards look old and dirty. Not the look I am going for. So today, after seeing the box in my pantry for the hundredth time, I decided to paint it gray with some paint that I already had in the house. It turned out nice. And the thing I love about painted wood furniture is that it can easily be repainted another color if ever I want to change the look. For now, at least, it is out of the box and ready to be used.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!